WTW Poland Sp. z o.o. implements a project co-financed by the Norwegian Financial Mechanism entitled:
Increasing the competitiveness of WTW
by introducing onto the market new Kaplan turbines working at high heads
The aim of the project is to increase the company's competitiveness by developing and introducing a new product to its offer. It will be a group of S and Z Kaplan turbines for heads from 12 to 24 m high, which will be used in small hydropower plants (SHP).
The idea of the project was born during the research of the needs of customers operating in the area of inland waters, who indicated unmet expectations regarding the current market offer. It includes, among others limitations in the amount of heads, insufficient technical parameters that reduce the amount of electricity produced and extend the return on investment. The project is also in line with the growing quantitative demand for SHP, which results from convenient locations, numerous investment incentives and guaranteed energy prices.
As part of the project, we will expand the production hall, purchase a technologically advanced and highly effective machine park, and commission development works. We will also conduct an information campaign that will increase public awareness of innovations in the area of inland waters, including new processes and products.
The implementation of the project will translate into the achievement of the following effects:
- We will introduce innovative Kaplan water turbines to the offer of our company, which will make it possible generate clean electricity more efficiently in the area of inland waters.
- We will respond to customer needs, which will translate into an increase in market share and generation higher revenues and profits.
- We will reduce electricity consumption and CO2 emissions.
- We will offer added value on the socio-economic level, which will result, inter alia, from with increasing employment, social initiatives and supporting local business.
- We will increase the transfer of knowledge between science and industry through cooperation with research units.
Project implementation period: 01.05.2021 - 31.05.2023
Project value: 4 150 512,00 PLN
Project funding received from Norway: 2 323 055,00 PLN
We work together for a green, competitive and inclusive Europe
The Norway Grants and the EEA Grants represent Norway’s contribution towards a green, competitive and inclusive Europe. Through the Norway Grants and the EEA Grants, Norway contributes to reducing social and economic disparities and to strengthening bilateral relations with beneficiary countries in Central and Southern Europe and the Baltics. Norway cooperates closely with the EU through the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA). Together with the other donors, Norway has provided €3.3 billion through consecutive grant schemes between 1994 and 2014. Norway Grants are financed solely by Norway and are available in the countries that joined the EU after 2003. For the period 2014-2021, the Norway Grants amount to €1.25 billion.
The priorities for this period are:
- Innovation, Research, Education, Competitiveness and Decent Work
- Social Inclusion, Youth Employment and Poverty Reduction
- Environment, Energy, Climate Change and Low Carbon Economy
- Culture, Civil Society, Good Governance and Fundamental Rights
- Justice and Home Affairs